Our interns take a turn at the blog...

This week we have welcomed our two new interns, Charlotte and Fiona, to the LHSA team. They will both be with us for 10 weeks working on some exciting projects. Here they introduce themselves, and what they've been working on so far.

Charlotte
Hello!

I’m Charlotte the new conservation intern and I’ve had a great first week at LHSA (having just made it from Southampton through the snow!). I’ve had a very warm welcome from the team, and have made a start with surveying a collection of title deeds and other legal papers relating to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. As you can see in the photo this has been a dirty job. I will be working on this project throughout my time here, mainly focusing on conserving and preserving parchment material. I’m looking forward to getting stuck in and letting you know how I’m getting on. 

Charlotte getting to grips with the legal papers
Fiona getting to know the photos
Hello!

My name’s Fiona and I am the archive intern. For the next 10 weeks I will be working mainly on a project to catalogue LHSA's photo collection, as well as learning about other aspects of being an archivist. So far I have created inventories for several boxes of photographs. Only about 30,000 photos to get through(!), but I will be keeping you up to date with my progress through this blog!